Cortex Napoleon Bass
Let us introduce you to the specificities of our “Napoleon” bass, which we designed and developed to suit all players, from the beginner to the seasoned professional.
It is offered in two versions, Standard and Deluxe, in 4, 5 and 6 string, fretted or Fretless.
- Two-piece body, Alder or Red Willow
- American hard Maple neck wood
- Rosewood fret board
- Passive electronics through Nordstrand Audio, Aguilar or EMG pickups
- One neck pickup volume
- One bridge pickup volume
- One tone control
- Triple wood layer sandwich
- Two-piece Mahogany, Walnut or Ash body
- Dark or light laminate
- Precious wood top, bookmatched to centre
- Matching headstock plate to body top
- Chocolate or caramel flame Maple neck wood, alternatively Walnut or Mahogany
- Optionally Padouk, Purpleheart or Quilt Maple
- Active electronics. Our offer is the following:
- Glockenklang 2 or 3 band,
- Noll 2 or 3 band
- Duvoisin 2 or 3 band 3 volt, purely active, associated ONLY with Duvoisin split coil humbuckers
- Aguilar OBP3
- Same design as Deluxe
- Active 2 band Electronics
- One bridge pickup only
- associated to a 2 Band Preamp
- Possible 3 way switch (single – double parallel – double series)
- One bridge pickup only
Check out our Napoleon Fretless webpage
– The Front –
With the exception of the general shape, the INVERTED TUNERS are the first thing you can spot on this bass. Why? Simply because giving the E and/or B strings some slack after the nut gives them de facto a longer scale.
The TRUSS ROD is dual-action, and accessible through a wheel positioned under the 24th fret. No screwdrivers, just a roll pin punch tool and you can start adjusting.
The PICKUP shape is standard, Bartolini BC for 4-string, Bartolini P2 for 5-string, Bartolini P4 for 6-string. Check them all ton our “Pickups” page.
DOT INLAYS are centred on 4 & 6 string basses, shifted between the E and A string for 5 string, so they remain visible for the player and his audience.
One string, one BRIDGE, optionally complemented by a diffuser encased inside the body of the bass, it drives the sound from its very heart, enhancing considerably its sustain. String spacing at the bridge is: 19mm (0.74inches) for 4 string, 18mm (0.71inches) for 5 & 6 string.
Every bass is built with an ELBOW CONTOUR for your playing comfort.
– The Back –
Each bass is unique and bear its own ID NUMBER. This number has a meaning and is unique to each Cortex Napoleon Bass
All basses are equipped with Gotoh GB-707 TUNERS.
We chose American Hard Maple as our standard NECK WOOD… but for our Napoleon Deluxe Model, all options are on the table, Purpleheart, Walnut, Caramel or Chocolate Flamed Maple, Padouk or Quilt Maple…
The bass is a BOLT-ON neck construction. Four screws, each with a steel insert, no plates. Nice, solid, efficient and simple.
Every bass is built with a TUMMY CONTOUR for your playing comfort.
To shop ’til you bop or simply to check the detailed specs of all our basses, either available for sale or already sold, just visit our Webshop page, where you will find our “Wall of Bass”. You can clic on each and every bass and land on its detailed data sheet… Enjoy the ride.